- Nemias Garcia-Velasco, 32, was charged with motor vehicle homicide
- He reportedly told officers he had ’12 beers’ before getting behind wheel
- Prsosecutors say he was going over 100mph when he lost control of van
- The crash killed Silvano Torres, 58, who was riding in the cargo area of the van
- Prosecutors said Garcia-Velasco has been removed from US total of seven times
Nemias Garcia-Velasco (pictured), 32, was allegedly going over 100mph when he lost control of his 2001 Dodge Ram work van and crashed, killing 58-year-old Silvano Torres
An illegal immigrant, who has been removed from the United States seven times, had consumed ’12 beers and was driving at 100mph’ when he crashed his van and killed a father-of-three.
Nemias Garcia-Velasco, 32, who is from Mexico, was going over 100mph when he lost control of his 2001 Dodge Ram work van and crashed, killing 58-year-old Silvano Torres.
Prosecutor Ryan Lindberg said Garcia-Velasco was driving down Interstate 80 around 1pm on Wednesday when the incident occurred.