From our sponsors
DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ON THIS DAY?
The Bank of Savings in New York City, the first savings bank in the United States, opens.
World War II: Minsk is liberated from Nazi control by Soviet troops during Operation Bagration.
- War on plastic leaves manufacturers clutching at straws
- Germany demands explanation from Turkey over school closure
- German interior minister offers to resign in migration showdown with Merkel
- German interior minister unhappy with Merkel’s EU migration deal
- Fans and Germany stars say Löw should remain head coach
Jobs in Europe
The Local Germany really needs your support to continue to exist in a very tough media environment.
Membership will give you full access to all the news, in-depth articles, interviews, opinions, guides, quizzes and much more.
You will be able to comment on the articles and join the debate.
Moreover, membership covers all editions of The Local.
We appreciate your support.
Editor The Local Germany