It’s now time to face the debt ceiling. The sneaky way the government steals 8% of your earnings each year through debt inflation of the monetary base.
, “nothing is agreed to until everything is agreed to, but we are on our way,” she told reporters at the Capitol this week. Though, “we have a path,” Nancy Pelosi insisted.
The debt is now so large that “debt service” the interest on the debt is over 479 billion a year! That’s a big part of our budget! But theres a trick involved because profits from the private bankers oligarchy – The Fed – are 96% returned. So it’s all a shell game to make it look like the USA is not printing money when it is.
That interest on the debt is 10% of the budget, but its THIRTEEN PERCENT of our tax revenue. That’s a big chunk.
Of course AOC wants to cut all funding for ICE and the border patrol as her proposal for balancing the budget – “Cut funding for the concentration camps” she shrieked.
How about cutting the 40 billion budget to spy on everyone and record all our phone calls and emails. Cut that
We can cut the war budget and bring our troops home from europe. Why are we still defending europe they are assholes! Bring most of our troops out of there and just don’t tell anyone. Who would notice!
And bring our troops home from the dmz. South Korea is a big successful country, let them put THEIR troops there. Arent we friends with Kim now?
Cut the budget for the FBI. They were right bastards to spy on Trump.
Finally implement a new welfare program where its just a flat amount, not extra money for having kids and no money for section 8 housing AND no preference for section 8 housing if you have 8 ghetto turds. Have to stop the incentives to have 6 ghetto kids as a lifestyle. sign, that’s not going to happen.
A trillion dollars a year MORE in debt is not sustainable. They should be using Rand Pauls 1% rule, just cut the budget overall 1% and in 8 years it would balance.
Here is a breakdown of Trump’s Proposal:
- $1.5 trillion in cuts to Medicaid over 10 years, implementing work requirements as well as eliminating the Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act. The budget instead adds $1.2 trillion for a “Market Based Health Care Grant” — block grant to states, instead of paying by need. It’s not clear whether that would be part of Medicaid.
- A 15% Increase to the department of Homeland Security – Zeigh HEIL!
- An $845 billion cut to Medicare over 10 years, about a 10 percent cut, to be achieved through targeting wasteful spending and provider payments and lowering prescription drug costs.
- $25 billion in cuts to Social Security over 10 years, including cuts to disability insurance.
- A $220 billion cut to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly referred to as food stamps, over 10 years, including mandatory work requirements. The program currently serves around 45 million people.
- A $21 billion cut to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, an already severely underfunded cash-assistance program for the nation’s poorest.
- $207 billion in cuts to the student loan program, eliminating the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program and cutting subsidized student loans.
- Increases defense spending by $34 billion next year, to a $750 billion budget baseline. That makes up a 5 percent boost to defense and military spending. To keep the defense budget within current caps, the White House uses a gimmick, putting $164 billion of this budget increase in an uncapped overseas contingency (OCO) fund.
- $8.6 billion in funding for the southern border wall, separated between increased funding for the Department of Homeland Security and funding for military construction.
- Overall, there is a 9 percent cut to non-defense programs, which would hit Section 8 housing vouchers, public housing programs, Head Start, the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) nutrition program, and Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, among others. Here’s a breakdown from the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal leaning think tank: